- Prevention Centre investigators and partners have been at the forefront of championing systems thinking to help respond to the complexities of chronic disease prevention.
- This project aimed to build the evidence base for systems approaches in chronic disease prevention, and to explore how those working in prevention can use systems approaches to bring about change.
- Using Prevention Centre projects as case studies, this study identified key factors that support the use of systems approaches, and how, when, and in what combination, these approaches are used.
- Addressing complexity in prevention research relies on striking a balance between systemic and systematic paradigms.
- For a whole system to be working towards change, there needs to be shared understanding and common goals.
Resource category: ReportsDate
Systems approaches in prevention research: Striking a balance between systemic and systematicNews Category: Prevention Centre NewsDate