The Food Governance Conference aims to share topical ideas, advocacy and research that moves the dial on food governance issues facing Australia and beyond. The Food Governance Node at the Charles Perkins Centre (The University of Sydney) and the George Institute for Global Health have partnered with the Global Center for Legal Innovation on Food Environments at the O’Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law (Georgetown University) to organise the 2024 Food Governance Conference.
The conference will explore issues such as:
- The promotion of healthier diets via food policy and governance (Australian and global case studies),
- Indigenous Peoples food system governance,
- Equity and social justice in food systems,
- Food security, and sustainability, and
- Commercial determinants of health.