We are committed to building the next generation of prevention researchers in Australia. Our PhD scholarships enable researchers from academia and policy environments to work with internationally respected researchers in prevention.
The PhD projects listed below are funded by Prevention Centre PhD scholarships. Several other PhDs also supported by the Prevention Centre are being conducted as part of larger projects that have the PhD candidates employed as project staff : Simon Chiu, Cate Bailey, Emily Gilbert and Lauren Gibson.
- Modelling the costs of obesity from adolescence to adulthood
- Using systems thinking to drive community changes for better health
- Preventing young Aboriginal people from starting to smoke
- Assessing the cost of healthy diets in low socioeconomic groups in Australia
- Scaling up public health interventions
- Mapping the role of health services in prevention