Dr Geoff McDonnell
Dr McDonnell is an expert in health systems simulation, health information systems and clinical process transformation. He has a dual background in medicine and systems engineering (Masters in Engineering Science and post-graduate studies at MIT and Harvard).
Dr McDonnell has extensive knowledge of clinical care provision, health care and health information technology issues in the Australian health sector, based on five years as Director of Health Information Systems at Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and IT, Strategy and management consulting, both independently and with KPMG, Ernst&Young and the IBM Consulting Group.
He has also five years’ commercial experience with IBM including leading its health industry transformation consulting practice, Asia Pacific health networking.
- Harnessing big data and dynamic simulation modelling to tackle child and adolescent overweight and obesity and unsustainable healthcare expenditure in Australia
- Dynamic simulation modelling to support investment decisions across the common risk factors for lifestyle-related chronic disease
- Developing a compelling case for prevention
- Simulation modelling of alcohol consumption and the effectiveness of harm-reduction policies
- Gestational diabetes through a systems science lens