Associate Professor Sonia Wutzke
Associate Professor Sonia Wutzke, Deputy Director of The Australian Prevention Partnership Centre, died suddenly and unexpectedly on 22 December, 2017.
Associate Professor Wutzke led the operations of the Prevention Centre and several of its key projects since its inception in 2013. During her too short career, she led a number of large research collaborations, expertly bringing people together in order to transfer knowledge and drive change.
Associate Professor Wutzke was involved in the following projects:
- Developing a compelling case for prevention
- Prevention Tracker: Describing, guiding and monitoring system change efforts in local communities
- Workplace Health Insights: Cross-jurisdictional analysis of Healthy Worker Initiatives
- A system for the prevention of lifestyle-related chronic disease
- Prevention Tracker proof-of-concept pilot: Learning from local data to activate systems for the prevention of chronic disease
- Mapping the role of health services in prevention
- Mapping national action to prevent chronic disease
- Simulation modelling of alcohol consumption and the effectiveness of harm-reduction policies