Centres of Research Excellence
- Centre of Research Excellence in the Early Prevention of Obesity in Childhood -Translate (EPOCH-Translate), led by Professor Louise Baur at University of Sydney secured funding of $2.5M.
- ‘Developing a model of Preventative Healthcare for people with Intellectual Disability’ led by Professor Julian Troller at University of NSW (with Associate Investigators Professor Lucie Rychetnick and Professor Jenny Bowman) secured $1.2M.
Investigator Grants – Leadership 3
- Professor Louise Baur for ‘Transforming the prevention and treatment of child and adolescent obesity’.
- Professor Helena Teede AM for ‘Implementation research: Delivering impact at the interface between reproductive and metabolic women’s health’.
- Professor Fran Baum for ‘Restoring the Fair Go: which policies and practices are likely to reverse growing health inequities in Australia post-COVID-19’.
Investigator Grants – Emerging Leadership 2
- Associate Professor Gary Sacks for ‘Enhancing policy implementation for healthy food environments’.
- Dr Ding (Melody) Ding for ‘Creating an active Australia through active systems: Co-production of multi-sectoral population physical activity strategies’.
We are also delighted to note several Prevention Centre Chief Investigators on newly funded CREs including Associate Professor Gary Sacks and Professor Lennert Veerman on Professor Simone Pettigrew’s Healthy Food, Healthy Planet, Healthy People CRE, and Professor Helen Skouteris on Professor Raina MacIntyre’s BREATHE CRE.