Transforming retail food environments to be health-enabling
Time to AEST
Event Series CERI
- Dates: Weekly interactive two-hour Zoom workshop sessions from 28 July – 22 September
- Times: Every Thursday at 9am-11am AEST except for the 3rd week which is 4pm-6pm AEST.
- Duration: 9 weeks (12 weeks with assessment)
ATTENTION: Public health/health promotion team members and managers; dietitians, nutritionists & those with influence on public health policy:
Do you or your team members need to upskill to successfully and confidently step in to influence food retail environments to be more health enabling? Interested in gaining the specialist skills and knowledge from the practitioners, policymakers and researchers working at the cutting edge of this rapidly growing practice area? …then don’t miss this opportunity!
The Centre of Excellence in Food Retail Environments for Health (RE-FRESH) has partnered with one of its member organisations, Monash University, to design and deliver this innovative “one-of-a-kind” professional development online short course.
Participants will learn the theory of consumer decision making, the power of marketing and retail merchandising and how, when and where to intervene to facilitate change in practice and policy for improved population health outcomes – with rare access to the world-leading researchers who have grown the evidence base in this rapidly developing practice area in Australia and overseas.
A/Prof. Julie Brimblecombe, Dr Miranda Blake, Dr Tara Boelsen-Robinson, Jasmine Chan, Jane Dancey, Dr Megan Ferguson, Dr Luke Greenacre, A/Prof. Catherine Mah, Dr Emma McMahon, Laura Kennedy, Carmen Vargas, and Dr Jill Whelan are among the presenters.
- Week 1: Food retail and health: The why?
- Week 2: Marketing and consumer choice theories
- Week 3: Australian and International law, regulation, and social responsibility
- Week 4: Retailers and suppliers: expectations and obligations
- Weeks 5 and 6: Evidence for improved health: What works?
- Week 7: Engaging with retailers: The how?
- Week 8: Monitoring and evaluation
- Week 9: Case studies from around the world