The Lancet Summit – Childhood obesity: consequences across the life course
DATE / TIME to
Event Series External event
The consequences of childhood obesity can be life-long and perpetuate into the next generation. This conference will bring together a global, multidisciplinary group of speakers and highlight emerging research on the many facets of this complex issue.
The program will explore the latest research and practice on the following topics:
- Burden of childhood obesity: past, present, future
- Developmental origins of health and disease: complex biology requires complex solutions
- Social, commercial, and environmental determinants of childhood obesity
- Childhood obesity from an equity perspective
- What works in policy and planning?
- Innovations in prevention and treatment
- Community-driven solutions from around the world