This workshop is ideal for those working in health and wellbeing-related roles in policy and practice settings (for example, council staff, health promotion officers and program managers). Upon completion, delegates will be able to:
- Describe key features of citizen science approaches and how these have been applied in preventive health.
- Assess the types of research questions and projects that would benefit from the use of a citizen science approach.
- Appraise the benefits and challenges of using a citizen science approach.
- Design a citizen science project, including developing clear objectives.
- Apply a citizen science approach within their own work.
- Evaluate the impacts of citizen science approaches.
This event is hosted by the Citizen Science in Prevention project team, based at the University of Sydney, supported by the Prevention Centre.