- Great office located in Glebe (with a truly flexible and hybrid approach to work)
- Professional, friendly and supportive environment
- Not for profit sector with an opportunity to take advantage of great salary packaging benefits
- Full time position, however, open to discussing part time hours with the right candidate
The Sax Institute is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that improves health and wellbeing by driving better use of evidence in policies, programs and services.
We have an international reputation as an Evidence Specialist, and over 20 years’ experience in translating research findings into policy drawing on our own expertise as well as that of our more than 60 member organisations. We work with governments, health organisations, research organisations and a network of experts nationwide to analyse policy problems and find the best evidence-based solutions.
Our office is based in Glebe, however, we offer great flexible and remote working arrangements (we come to the office for a purpose – to connect and to collaborate – with flexibility to choose your location of work outside these times). Our staff employee engagement survey showed our staff are proud to work here at the Institute and would recommend it as a great place to work – so read on and see how you can join the team!
About the role
The Sax Institute is seeking an Operations Manager to join the next-generation model of The Australian Prevention Partnership Centre (Prevention Centre). This position will coordinate and manage the core operations of the Prevention Centre’s program of work. With a focus on providing financial, contracting, reporting and project management support, this role will be pivotal in ensuring that the governance processes are well supported and that reporting requirements are met in a comprehensive and timely manner.
This role will suit someone who thrives working in a collaborative policy and research environment and excels in all aspects of project management.
Although no two days will be the same, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Prevention Centre governance processes – including secretariat functions for the quarterly governance meetings
- Managing the Prevention Centre reporting requirements
- Managing the day to day business operations of the Centre
- Collaborating with the Finance team to manage Prevention Centre financials
- Managing the Prevention Centre contracting and contract management processes
About you & next steps
We are looking for an experienced and proactive manager who has the following experience and current skill set:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative policy and research environment with diverse stakeholders from research, policy and practice
- Substantial experience in tracking and reporting on project and organisational deliverables
- High level working knowledge of Excel
- Experience in financial management and contract management
- Excellent project management skills
- Highly organised with experience in managing multiple work streams and ability to work according to strict deadlines and manage various demands.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiation skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving and escalating matters as they arise.
- Familiarity with the health system in Australia.
- Experience in managing staff.
If this sounds like the role you have been dreaming of next, please click here read more about this great opportunity.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria to [email protected] with the subject heading: Operations Manager, Prevention Centre by 8 October 2023.
The Sax Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer.